USB-C drives not recognized by 13-in-1 docking station on 13-inch Macbook Air M2

• I have a 5 Gbps Mokin 9-in-1 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S8MKJ6Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I wanted 10 Gbps and the extra ports but my 2 external drives are not recognized on the 13-in-1 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CD7KC4XF?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1).

The 9-in-1 works fine with the following devices all plugged in at the same time:

2 Samsung T7 Shield 2 GB drives

1 USB-A keyboard dongle

1 USB-A mouse dongle

HDMI cable

Ethernet cable

SD card

• Hi @Gail Stone

To better and quickly solve the problem, please provide the information as follows:

1) Please provide the laptop model;
    2) Could you provide the product connection image or video to describe the issue you meet?

Looking forward to your reply.
    Have a nice day
    Best regards

• @Mokin Global 

Laptop model 2022 Macbook Air M2

I already returned the hub to Amazon but this is what it looked like when I plugged the Samsung T7 drives into the hub. They do not appear in Finder or in Disk Utility. Thanks for your help.

• Hi @Gail Stone,

Thank you for your response.

If you meet the similar situation, you can try to do that:

1)Turn over the USB-C port on our hub, plug it into the laptop again, and check if there is an error;

2) Use driver wizard or driver software such as Driver Talent Pro, Driver Magician, Driver Booster Pro, Driver Reviver to scan, detect and download and install drivers;

3)Find the Universal Serial Master Controller in Device Manager, then uninstall the USB driver, and then right-click to scan the hardware changes and re-obtain the driver;    Especially pay attention to the "exclamation mark", you need to uninstall first, and then right-click to scan the hardware changes, it will be installed automatically.    Finally, it is recommended to restart the computer.

4) If you have other laptops with USB-C ports that support video transmission, please connect this adapter to these devices with USB-C ports; do not connect devices such as monitors, and check whether an error will be reported.

Have a nice day!
    Best Regards

• @Mokin Global Thanks for your response but I have a Mac and you are suggesting Windows software.

Is the hub compatible with USB 3.1 gen 2 on Macbook Air M2?

Or is the hub defective?

Thanks!

• @Gail Stone

For this issue, we need you to provide a complete connection diagram to check your connection status and which port you are using. But you have returned the product to Amazon, can you still provide a product connection diagram?

If it is a C-port product, you can try to connect it directly to the computer without using the product to see if it is recognized.