I don't see a lot of value in the product as it is presented in the images at the top of this post. It just seems like a glorified USB hub. However, the product described in the post does seem like something I would be interested in, specifically, "Would you want a docking station that can expand your devices and as well as charge your laptop and phone simultaneously?" The key term to me is docking station.
When I think of a docking station, a couple things come to mind: 1) power delivery, and 2) peripherial support. I consider peripherials to include the following: monitors/displays, input devices (keyboards/mice), storage devices (external hard drives), network interfaces (Gb ethernet or better), card readers (SD, FT, smart cards).
I would be interested in a product that performed the following functions:
- supports DP 1.4 with MST and HDMI 2.1 (at least one port of each)
- supports 2.5 Gbit Ethernet
- supports full size AND micro SD cards
- supports USB C power delivery (power input) at 65 Watts or better
- supports 2 or more USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 or better in USB C form factor for data AND power
- supports 2 or more USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 or better in USB A form factor
- supports 2 or more USB 2.0 in USB A form factor
- supports a 3.5 mm audio jack
- includes a right angle USB C to USB C adapter